Firstly, you should download the installer and run it. See Download.
Otherwise, if you only want to safely use some estimation functionalities (as BSR) follow the additional installation instructions.
Note, that TOL+R instructions does already include the additional installation instructions described below.
Additional installation instructions
Some TOL packages (for example, BysInfDiag) uses R calls (by command line) to obtain some statistic information. For avoid errors when you use these packages we recommend:
Install the statistical software R. See https://www.r-project.org.
Add bin folder to the PATH (for Windows users)
For allow TOL to find R, you should ensure that the R 'bin' folder is in the environment variable PATH.
- R 'bin folder:
(version number may be different)
You can edit the environment variable PATH as usual.
Install some R-packages
Some of the mentioned TOL packages requires from some R-packages:
- quadprog : Functions to solve Quadratic Programming Problems.
- coda : Output analysis and diagnostics for MCMC.
- mcgibbsit : provides an implementation of Warnes & Raftery's MCGibbsit run-length diagnostic for a set of (not-necessarily independent) MCMC samplers
- slam : Sparse Lightweight Arrays and Matrices.
- Rglpk : solving large-scale linear programming (LP), mixed integer linear programming (MILP) and other related problems.
All them are available as CRAN standard package and can be installed from R-GUI application using the option "Install package" from menu "Package".
Otherwise, you also can run the following sentences in an R console:
install.packages("quadprog") install.packages("coda") # imports: lattice install.packages("mcgibbsit") # depends: coda install.packages("slam") install.packages("Rglpk") # depends: slam